What to do in Case of an Accident in Webster, MA
In case of an accident:
1. STOP No matter how minor an accident may be!
The failure to stop can result in serious criminal consequences. If possible, stop your vehicle at the point nearest the accident scene without obstructing traffic more than necessary.
2. Call 911
3. Render first aid to the extent you are qualified.
4. Do not move an injured person in any way that could possibly add to injury.
5. Protect the Scene and those Involved from Further Damage or Injury.
If the accident has obstructed the roadway, take measures to adequately warn approaching drivers. If the highway is obstructed at night, illuminate the accident scene if possible. Use the warning flashers and/or reflectors that are standard equipment on most vehicles.
6. Gather Information and Write It Down
Don't trust your memory. Write down the facts, including the names and adresses of witnesses, skid marks and distance measurements, and the names, addresses and license plate numbers of the drivers involved. Participants in automobile accidents are required by law to exhibit their driver's licenses and provide their vehicle registration numbers, insurance carriers, insurance policy numbers, and names and addresses of their local insurance agents to each driver involved in the accident. Below is a handy list to help you collect the appropriate information:
- Name(s) Address(es) of Driver(s)
- License Plate Number(s)
- Insurance Carrier(s)
- Name(s) and Address(es) of Agent(s)
- Name(s) and Address(es) of Witness(es)
- Skid Mark Measurements
- Distance Measurements if applicable
7. Inform Your Insurance Company ImmediatelyYour insurance company. Failure to promptly notify your insurer may void your policy and leave you without insurance coverage for damage resulting from the accident.
8. File an Accident Report with the Motor Vehicle DepartmentRegardless of fault, the operator of every motor vehicle involved in an accident must report the accident to the Motor Vehicle Department.
9. Give us a call at (508) 213-5084 and we will take care of the rest PERIOD!
Give us a call at (508) 213-5084 to request a quote or to learn more about our professional services for all makes and models.